Tamar Building, Queen Annes Battery, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 OLP Tel:+44(0)1752 266766 email@example.com
The novasail 360 Wireless is a revolutionary
piece of technology that brings Americas cup start line technology to everyone. It is a
self contained waterproof (IP67) unit which holds a high speed GPS and a 3 axis
tactical magnetic compass.
In the pre starts it is invaluable as it tells you exactly
how far you are from the start line, once racing the 360W gives highly accurate
heading data, allowing you to spot shifts as well as giving your GPS speed. The
data logger allows you to analyse your performance at the end of the
Released exclusively in the UK in March, it will be released
world-wide in early April, click here to find
your local stockist.
The Novasail is legal on almost all yacht and keel boat classes, and on some dinghy classes. Some of the legal classes are listed here, but the list is not exhaustive, if you class allows the novasail please let us know.
The Novasail 360 Wireless features the following:
• True magnetic tactical compass: The NS360W digital compass delivers precise and reliable heading information to help you to tack and jibe at the most suitable times.
• Speedo GPS (SOG): This mode provides the speed over ground of the boat as measured by the GPS receiver. The boat speed is displayed in knots (kts) with an accuracy of 0.1 knot. Also used to calculate both VMG and VMC.
• Distance to the start line: The NS360W start line distance function is combines the highly accurate (1 meter) GPS and and 3 axis compass to pinpoint exactly where you are relative to the line.
o A sign +/- indicates clearly which side of the line you are.
o Unique bow offset gives to the exact distance from your bow to the line
o Ends can be ‘Pinged’ whilst travelling in any direction
o Dedicated boat/pin end buttons: dedicated buttons make storing the startline easy and intuitive.
• VMG/VMC Velocity Made Good/Course: It provides the projected speed of the boat on the reference direction. According to your needs, the reference direction may be the wind direction (VMG) or the direction to the active mark (VMC).
• Count-down timer: A simple push on the dedicated button starts the 5 minutes sequence. It can also be re-synchronized to 4 and 1 minute.
• Wind Shift bar graph: The bar graph indicates automatically the deviation from the mean heading. If you tack or jibe, the graph is reset and will restart on the new tack.
• Data logger: Log up to 500 hours of sailing data for later playback.
• Wireless dongle: Connect to PC via 2.4Ghz for data download and easy waypoint management:
o Download stored data for post race analysis on google earth etc.
o Access and edit waypoints with nova sail software.
o Access and edit routes with nova sail software.
• Easy and simple waypoint and route management:
o Store 99 waypoints and 20 routes with their coordinates and names on 3 characters
o Display the Distance, direction and speed to reach the waypoints
o Display VMC (velocity towards active mark)
• Edit your current GPS position
Click here for a list of Novasail stockists